Idyllwild geographical requirement
- Idyllwild geographical region is defined to be within a 15 mile radius of the Idyllwild town hall.
- 1+ year residency tie to the Idyllwild geographical region either from self, parents, legal guardians, or grandparents. Residency will be demonstrated by Idyllwild school attendance (e.g. letter from Idyllwild Middle School, Idyllwild Arts Academy or other institution showing at least 1 year), at least one year at an Idyllwild geographical region address as shown on utility bills for self, parents, legal guardians, or grandparents. Applicant will need to provide relationship verification for parents, legal guardians, or grandparents.
- Self, parents, legal guardians, or grandparents currently working in Idyllwild geographical region and has been working in this region for at least 1 year. Applicant will need to provide proof of this employment as employee in the Idyllwild geographical region.
Intent to pursue a medical or health care related career
- Demonstrated intent to pursue post-high school education that leads to a career in a medical or health care related field through proof of application, acceptance and enrollment in the target institution.
Qualifying GPA’s for high school and college as shown on the transcripts
- Overall high school GPA of 2.5 and above. Consideration will be given for course content (e.g. advanced placement classes) in addition to the GPA.
- Overall college GPA of 2.5 and above.
Each scholarship applicant will be evaluated based on the strength of their application packet and their face-to-face interviews.